Thompson Falls, Montana. United States Antimony Corporation (“USAC”, NYSE American “UAMY) reported that pilot phase production of the Mexican Los Juarez gold, silver, and antimony deposit through the cyanide leach plant has commenced.
Following is the progress:
1. The crushing circuit and flotation mill have been run and are in good operating condition.
2. The transfer of the flotation tailings to the cyanide leach plant has been successful.
3. The primary conditioning tank in the leach plant has been replaced with direct piping to the leach tanks to cut costs and expedite leaches.
4. Fire laboratory equipment, an atomic adsorption spectrophotometer, ventilation fans, a silicon carbide tilt and pour furnace for reducing production to dore bars has been installed, baghouse and other equipment has been installed and is operational.
5. Four technicians have been trained to assay and adjust operating parameters.
6. Two production leaches have been run, and we are awaiting third party assays for disclosure.
Estimated sales during January 20 are as follows:
|BRZ zeolite tons||734|
The average Rotterdam price for antimony metal during December 2019 was $5,845.83 per metric ton or $2.65 per pound. A major BRZ zeolite customer that has not purchased for several months is now buying product again after building a new plant. Seasonal sales of BRZ zeolite for pool and spa applications are picking up.
CEO John Lawrence said “The beginning of gold and silver production for USAC is excellent at a time when most non-ferrous metal prices are challenged. The cash flow from the precious metals will supplement the BRZ zeolite and antimony production.”